Well it hasn’t really won any awards, but the title is nice and it got your attention right? I’ve enjoyed French Toast since I was a kid. Mom made it often and we absolutely loved it. THIS recipe, takes it to a higher level for sure! The nutmeg and powdered sugar make it sing, and combine with a nice artisan bread… you have a winner. The bread I used in the photo is Pane Turano Italian bread from Aldi. A nice crusty texture. Yum! Hope you enjoy this extremely easy to make recipe.
Award Winning Blue Ribbon French Toast
Super easy to make and absolutely delicious. Combine with a nice crusty artisan bread and you have a sure winner to the palate and the eyes.
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP Ground Nutmeg
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 4 TBSP Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 8 Slices Italian, Brioche, or White Bread
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup, warmed
- Step 1 In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and set aside.
- Step 2 In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container such as a pie plate.
- Step 3 Dip bread in egg mixture and fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Step 4 Top with powdered sugar using a sifter and optionally serve with syrup. Strawberries on the side are great too!