I have eaten, or attempted to, my share of strawberry pies in my day. Some that are raved about, are simply pretty terrible, and nothing more than store-bought glaze and whole strawberries. Big deal! The following recipe is a time-tested and adored family favorite, and pretty easy to make too! We prefer to SLICE the berries into quarters for a better eating experiencing, as well as the berries absorbing the additional flavors. It’s a winner… you and your guests are sure to love this.
Canned whipped cream does nicely, but consider 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 4 tablespoons of confectioners sugar beat on high with an electric mixer for several minutes for an even more heavenly dessert experience.
Prepare and bake your homemade crust (definitely the best method) ahead of time or if you’re in a pinch, refrigerated pie crust will do. Enjoy
Hands Down Showstopper Strawberry Pie
This fabulous pie recipe is even better if you mix in 1/4 to 1/2 cup homemade strawberry jam into the cooled gel mixture. A time-tested and adored family favorite, and pretty easy to make too! We prefer to SLICE the berries into quarters for a better eating experiencing.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Quart Strawberries - Quartered
- 1 Box Strawberry Jell-O gelatin or other brand (halved)
- Step 1 Combine sugar, cornstarch, water and bring to a boil. Add 1/2 box of gelatin, mix in and let cool.
- Step 2 Combine liquid with the strawberries and toss gently to coat the berries. Pour into a cooled, baked pie crust.
- Step 3 Chill for several hours and serve with whipped cream.