In 2014… actor, writer and director Jon Favreau made and starred in the movie “Chef”. I have admittedly seen this about 6 times. Favreau plays a chef who, after a public altercation with a food critic, quits his job at a popular Los Angeles restaurant to operate a food truck with his young son. It co-stars Sofía Vergara, John Leguizamo, Scarlett Johansson, Oliver Platt, Bobby Cannavale and Dustin Hoffman, along with Robert Downey Jr. in a cameo role. And big love to food truck owner and chef Roy Choi who served as a co-producer and oversaw the menus and food prepared for the film. If you love foodie stuff and cooking, you WILL enjoy this very entertaining film!
Throughout the film his character whips up some quite incredible eats, and even paying attention it’s really hard to take notes… and these dishes look incredible! Well more recently Favreau expanded on this experience and thanks to the Netflix produced “The Chef Show”, these delectable eats are revealed. Still you have to watch fast though.
So after so after a bit of crafting and some kitchen testing, I am happy to announce that I’m able to make it available right here, and you are sure to love this very flavorful pasta experience. Be sure you have everything prepped and ready since you’ll need to grab things quickly. As instructed, be sure to let the mixture thicken for a minute when it’s ready, and add salt to taste. The flavor bursts!
Jon Favreau's Chef Movie 'Scarlet's Pasta' Recipe
- Half a Lemon
- Fresh Grated Parmesan
- 2-3 TBSP Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 TBSP Chili Flakes or Hot Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 4 TBSP Salt (Divided)
- 3 Cloves Thin Sliced Fresh Garlic
- 1-1.5 Cup Pasta Water
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 16oz. Spaghetti
- Step 1 Slice garlic cloves thin (do not chop) and remove stems from parsley. Chop parsley fine and set all this aside. Have all your ingredients handy and ready since you will need to get to them quickly.
- Step 2 Bring water with 3TBSP salt and 2TBSP to a boil and add pasta. Cook for 10-12 minutes till al dente. Save 2 cups of the hot pasta water before draining.
- Step 3 About 5 minutes before your pasta is ready, heat the olive oil in large pan on medium and add the sliced garlic. Toss gently and after about 30 seconds add the hot pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Cook and toss for about 30 seconds.
- Step 4 Add parsley, cooked pasta, pasta water, butter and squeeze in the half lemon (watch for seeds). Stir gently and bring to gentle boil. Add more fresh pepper and salt. Toss the mixture well to fully coat and turn off heat.
- Step 5 Let mixture set about 30 seconds so liquid thickens a bit. Serve hot and top with fresh grated parmesan. You WILL love this.