This picture-perfect linguine is a feast for the eyes and, with a hint of heat, a treat for the palate. Lots of flavor! Any decent white wine will do too, and the lemon (consider freshly squeezed) just brings it all home. Also you can substitute grated Parmesan for the feta. This one’s indeed a winner.
Mediterranean Shrimp w/ Roasted Red Peppers & Fettuccine
Full of light flavor! Basically any white wine will do nicely. As an option you could add olives. A really yummy dish yet unbelievably easy to make.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Step 1 Prepare your pasta pot of salted water and bring to boil. Cook linguine according to desired consistency.
- Step 2 In small sautee pan, heat 1 TBSP olive oil and roast red peppers for about 2 minutes.
- Step 3 In a large skillet, saute shrimp and onion in 6 TBSP olive oil until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic
- Step 4 cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the red peppers, olives, parsley, wine, pepper flakes, salt, oregano and pepper. Reduce heat.
- Step 5 Drain linguine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add linguine and reserved water to the skillet. Stir in cheese and lemon juice
- Step 6 cook and stir until cheese is melted.