This is definitely NOT something you eat with your pasta or dip into olive oil! Enjoy as part of breakfast or as a snack. Incredibly easy to make and the flavor is just SO good… with the light coat of sugar on top and applesauce throughout, I know you are gonna love this. Great with an ice-cold glass of milk. I recommend making smaller loaves and wrap the extras in plastic wrap.
Mom's Simply Ama-Za-Zing Applesauce Nut Bread
A total treat. Easy to make and great for a snack or breakfast with an ice-cold glass of milk.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 1/2 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup plus 1 TBSP, Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 3 TBSP Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Walnut Halves (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8.8×4.5 loaf pans.
- Step 2 Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Step 3 Mix 1 cup granulated sugar with applesauce, eggs, oil and milk in a small bowl
- Step 4 add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Step 5 Stir in walnuts (optional)
- Step 6 Spoon into pans. Mix brown sugar with the remaining 1 TBSP granulated sugar, and sprinkle evenly over top of loaves.
- Step 7 Bake about 1 hour, until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loaves with foil for the final 20 minutes of baking if they begin to get too brown. Makes 2 loaves.