Snickerdoodle cookies in my opinion, are absolutely total YUM. Cinnamon, sugar… and yes lotsa butter. LOTS of butter! But these are so good with a big ice-cold glass of milk or some hot chocolate on a cold day. This recipe yields some terrifically chewy and soft goodness.
Also this recipe makes a LOT of cookies, so consider splitting the recipe.
This recipe is super easy and everyone will just love em.
And be sure to use a VERY big bowl to prepare the mix!
Old School Snickerdoodle Cookies
Soft and chewy and absolutely yummy. Everybody will love these!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 TSP Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Salt
- Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 TBSP Cinnamon
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Cream for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Step 3 Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, until JUST combined.
- Step 4 In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Step 5 If time allows, wrap the dough and allow to refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. Roll into small balls until round and smooth. Roll around in the cinnamon-sugar and coat well. Apply a bit more of the mixture to each ball with your fingertips until fully coated. Note: To make flatter snickerdoodles, press down in the center of the ball before placing in the oven.
- Step 6 Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes (keep an eye on them!) Allow to cool on baking sheet for several minutes before removal from pan.