This is without a doubt one of my quick and easy go-to meals. It’s inexpensive, versatile, VERY tasty and just plain ole delicious! My recipe will feed 2 people generously, so even feeding 4 will still be fast and inexpensive. Enjoy!
Sauteed Zucchini w/ Fresh Garlic & Mushrooms Over Fettuccine
Consider cooking extra pasta and refrigerate for a super-quick, delicious lunch!
- 1 Small to Medium Zucchini - Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil - Halved
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Chopped
- 4 Sliced Mushrooms
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Dash of Hot Pepper Flakes (optional but I love it)
- 8 Oz. Fettuccine, Cooked Al Dente
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pasta Water
- Lightly Chopped Parsley For Garnish
- Step 1 Start your water for pasta. Upon boiling add pasta and monitor. During cooking of other ingredients below, Remove pasta from heat and save 1/2 cup of pasta water for later. Drain pasta.
- Step 2 Shred zucchini over 3 layers of paper toweling. Use a box grater and shred zucchini at an angle.
- Step 3 Heat large skillet at medium and add half the olive oil to the pan. Add chopped garlic. When garlic “speaks” by sizzling in the oil (you’ll hear it pop), add zucchini.
- Step 4 Season zucchini with salt and pepper. After about 5 minutes of cooking (move it around occasionally), add mushrooms and blend into zucchini.
- Step 5 Add dash of hot pepper flakes and again blend lightly. Add the remainder of the olive oil (without being too oily, I like to get everything coated nice). Cook remaining 5 minutes. Add the pasta water and stir in.
- Step 6 Add cooked pasta to pan and toss into cooked ingredients. Add grated cheese and blend in. Adjust seasoning and serve hot. Top with chopped parsley.
1 thought on “Sauteed Zucchini w/ Fresh Garlic & Mushrooms”
This dish is incredible. It really is easy to make and very inexpensive. I used fresh shredded parmesan instead of grated and we loved it. My kids loved it too so I’ll definitely be making it again. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the show!