While this super yummy desert is crazy easy to make, I would never assume that one knows how to make it… so here it is! And perhaps the photo will help with your presentation. I have enjoyed this since my childhood, and back then Mom used the preformed cake cups, but good ole’ angel food cake is the way to go. Sliced strawberries, a bit of sugar, a little chill time in the fridge and you’re all set. You and your guests will love this tasty, easy and very inexpensive desert perfect for summertime dining (or winter, hey knock your self out). Enjoy!
Simple and Sweet Strawberry Shortcake
Sliced strawberries, a bit of sugar, a little chill time in the fridge and you're all set. A little fruit makes a lot of desert!
- 1/2 Quart Fresh Strawberries
- 1/2 Ready-Made Angel Food Cake
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- 1 Can Whipped Cream (not Cool Whip)
- Step 1 Core and slice the strawberries into a bowl for refrigerator. Random cut pieces make a better looking desert.
- Step 2 Sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and lightly toss, 1 TBSP at a time. Place in refrigerator sealed with lid or plastic wrap. The sugar creates the tasty syrup. Chill for at least one hour.
- Step 3 When ready to serve, remove berries from fridge and lightly stir to coat the fruit. Serve over angel food cake and top with whipped cream. It’s that easy!